Arlo Camera Setup | Arlo Camera Setup
Keep tabs on your home with the Arlo security camera. You can be worry-free by getting the Arlo security camera setup at your home whether you are in the home or away from it. If you have bought a new Arlo camera to enhance your home security and are looking for an Arlo setup guide, then this is the right page for you. On this page, we will provide you with the essential instructions to set up Arlo camera in your home. The Arlo setup instructions however remain the same for all other camera models with a minor variation here and there. So whether you have purchased Arlo or another Arlo camera model, you can rely on the same information. On the same Arlo setup guide, you will find the Arlo login information and Arlo camera support guide to troubleshoot Arlo setup and login issues.
Getting Arlo Camera Setup Ready
Before you begin the actual Arlo camera outdoor setup instructions, you need to get the camera ready. Here is how you are going to do that:
- Unbox your brand new Arlo security camera. Handle the camera with good care so as not to break any fragile parts. Keep an eye on any other accessory or user manual in the box. You might need them during the Arlo camera setup process.
- Insert the battery into the battery compartment. We recommend you charge the batteries for Arlo camera before you begin the setup process.
- Now insert the Arlo camera into the camera housing.
- It is now time to find a suitable location to place your camera. Once found, wall-mount your Arlo camera using the magnetic mount.
Your Arlo camera system is now ready to be set up. Let us now get back to the Arlo camera setup process.
Arlo Camera Setup Steps
There are three steps using which you can easily perform Arlo camera setup in your home. These are:
- Arlo Base Station setup
- Create Arlo Account
- Sync Arlo camera to Base Station
Arlo Base Station Setup
1 For Arlo base station setup, take an Ethernet cable and use it to connect the base station to your home router.
2 Plug the power adapter into a wall socket. Put another end of the adapter into the base station.
3 Once done, you will see two lights on your base station which means the base station has set up properly.
Create Arlo Account
You need to create an Arlo account to manage your Arlo camera. Whenever your camera detects motion, it will send the video stream to your Arlo account from here you can view it. You can create the Arlo account either by using your mobile device using the Arlo setup app or by computer using my.arlo.com.
- Unlock your smartphone and launch the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Search for the Arlo app and when the search results open up, tap on the Arlo app and download it by tapping on the Install button.
- Tap on its icon once it is installed and launch it.
- Tap on Create Account button now.
- Fill in the required details and create an Arlo account.
This completes Arlo account creation using the Arlo setup app. If you are using the computer, then launch a web browser on your computer and visit the web address www.my.arlo.com. After this follow the similar steps mentioned above to create the Arlo account.
Sync Arlo Camera to Base Station
- The Arlo camera should be in close proximity with the Arlo base station.
- Locate the Sync button on the Base station and push it.
- Likewise, locate the Sync button on your Arlo camera and push it.
- The Arlo camera is now synced with the Arlo base Station.
- Now you need to add your Arlo camera as well as Base Station on your Arlo account. You can do this by using the Arlo setup app and following the instructions that will be displayed on it.
The Arlo camera system is ready to be used. This is all about Arlo camera setup. Our Arlo setup guide halts here.
Arlo Products We Support
Arlo Go has an added advantage that it supports LTE wireless connections and can work anywhere with LTE coverage.
It is an all-in-one smart baby monitoring camera with lullaby player, advanced night vision, air sensors, etc.
Packed with numerous excellent features, the Arlo Audio Doorbell lets you respond to guests and visitors right from your phone.
Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, Arlo Q is loaded with lots of features like smart alerts and night vision.
A must-have device for security, this Arlo light starts flashing light or sends an alert to the owner to warn intruders.
Arlo Pro camera has flawless features such as two-way audio, advanced motion detection and night vision.
This outstanding camera provides a panoramic field of vision. What's more, it has an integrated spotlight and 4K HDR quality.
A reinvented version of Arlo Q, this superb camera allows you to connect directly to your network via an Ethernet cable.
An improvement over Arlo Pro, this Arlo Pro 2 camera allows 1080p recording and has 3-second look back function.
Arlo Security Camera Login Process
Once the Arlo camera setup is completed, you can view live feeds, and recorded feeds on your computer or smartphone. For that, you must log in to your Arlo account. The Arlo security camera login can be done on the computer or the phone.
Arlo Security Camera Login via App
- Get hold of your smartphone and unlock it first.
- Tap on the Arlo app icon and launch it.
- Enter the login username and password in the given fields.
- Click on Ok or Login button.
You have successfully logged in to your Arlo camera account using the Arlo setup app. Along with checking the video feeds, you can manage your camera settings here.
Arlo Setup App: Amazing Features
1. Get Instant Notifications
Along with the Arlo camera setup procedure, the Arlo app let you know on the very next moment when audio or motion is detected at your home or office and watch it live. 2. Extend Your Security System You can perform Arlo setup for at least 5 cameras for free. However, you can upgrade the service plan for up to 20 cameras. 3. Share Arlo Access Securely give access to your Arlo camera activity to your friends, family, and neighbors. 4. Watch Past Recordings Arlo records every sound-triggered or motion event as well as stores them in your cloud library.
Arlo App for Apple TV
Download Arlo app and use Arlo setup app on your Apple TV too. However, you need the following things for proper Apple TV app usage:
- A working Arlo camera
- Access to Apple TV App Store
- Apple TV hardware (fourth generation or higher)
To download Arlo app for Apple TV, go to App Store and search for ‘Arlo’. Find the app in the search results and click on the ‘Download’ button. Wait for some time until the app downloads and installs completely. The Arlo Apple TV application is different from that for Android or iPhone in the below-given ways:
- The Arlo app for Apple TV is better for monitoring camera activities than handling your devices. In short, it is just an addition to your Arlo mobile app, not a replacement.
- The app makes the optimum use of the television screen so that you can see more of your security cameras on one screen at the same time.
- Arlo Apple TV application provides the most used and most popular Arlo features in a TV experience.
- This Arlo app allows you to switch between camera modes. However, you need an Arlo mobile app or access the Arlo Pro login web page to create or edit modes.
If you experience any sort of issue with the app, contact our technicians without any delay.
Access Arlo Camera Videos on Computer With Arlo App
Once you are done following the Arlo setup instructions, the camera sets up and automatically stores the recorded videos on the cloud storage. And you can access these recorded videos using the Arlo app. However, on the off chance if you wish to access the Arlo videos in your PC, let us first tell you that you can’t install Arlo app on your computer.
In order to access Arlo camera videos on your computer, go with the following instructions:
- Launch the Arlo setup app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the Library option.
- Select the date for which you want to watch the recordings.
- Play the video and tap on the Download button.
- Thus, your videos get saved on your phone.
As soon as you get the video, transfer it to your computer via Bluetooth or using a USB cable and watch them when you want. In case you come across any kind of issue, get in touch with our Arlo camera support professionals.
Forgot Arlo Camera Setup Password?
Most users face this issue while accessing the Arlo setup page on their iPhone 7 or other devices. Every time when they get the log in to their Arlo account, an error message ‘the username or password is incorrect’ appears. It happens again and again, no matter what you do. The only solution to fix the issue with Arlo Pro Login details is to reset your username and password. Here’s how to do so:
- Launch the Arlo app or access the arlo.com login web page.
- Click on the Forgot option in the password field.
- Enter your email address.
- Next, click on the Submit button.
- Now, you will receive an email.
- Create a new password as per your choice.
- At last, click on the Submit button.
Done! Your Arlo setup password has been reset successfully. If you experience any sort of issue while resetting the Arlo pro login password, share it with our Arlo camera support. You will get an instant solution.
Arlo Firmware Update
Arlo firmware update generally happens automatically as long as it has a battery life of at least 15 percent and is connected to the Arlo base station. However, sometimes, you may need to update the Arlo Pro firmware manually. To do so, here are the must-follow steps:
- Launch the Arlo app on your smartphone.
- Or you can also go to the Arlo Pro setup page via the internet browser.
- Head over to the ‘Settings’ section.
- Select the Arlo security camera you want to update.
- Finally, click on the Firmware Update option.
- Wait for a few minutes. Once you see a blue LED on your camera, it means that the Arlo Pro firmware has been successfully updated.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To fix this issue, reset the Arlo base station using Arlo camera login web page. Once the base station comes back online, the motion detection will work properly.
If you are getting notifications of 'motion detected' outside of the activity zones you have selected, access Netgear Arlo sign in page and click on the 'Add a mode' option. Create a name for the new mode and customize your activity zones.
Firstly, check if WiFi settings have IP restrictions or not. Maybe your WiFi is configured in a manner where it enables only those specific IP addresses to connect that have permission. You can change it through the router settings page.
Possibilities are that the video has been deleted. However, if you are using the Arlo app to watch your videos, you must know that for the last 7 days of footage, it stores 1GB of cloud storage service. So, if the footage is older than 7 days or the storage limit has crossed the 1GB limit, it means that the video you are looking for might have been deleted. However, if the footage is missing despite it being less than 7 days old, then you must contact the support services via email or live chat.
The answer to this question is YES. The latest Arlo security cameras like Arlo Pro 4, and Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight do not necessarily need a base station in order to execute the Arlo setup process. However, you need a base station on older models like Arlo Pro 3, Arlo Ultra 2, etc. You can learn how to do Arlo base station setup by reaching out to our well-versed technical experts.
Without an internet connection, you can only do a couple of things with your Arlo camera. They have been highlighted here:
Record videos using local storage if you perform Arlo base station setup and view different footage after enabling the Direct Storage Access option using the Arlo setup app.
Yes, you can add other users to your Arlo camera using the Arlo setup app. In order to do so, you first need to access the Settings menu, select the Grant Access option, and tap on the Add button. Thereafter, you need to enter the email address as well as the name of the person you want to add and hit Save.
Although these easy-to-understand steps will surely be able to help you add other users to your Arlo camera using the Arlo setup app, in case, they do not, then it is recommended that you ping our highly experienced technical experts.
Most people prefer investing in Arlo security cameras in their homes as they are the best available cameras these days. […]
There’s no point in installing an Arlo security camera in the house when it is unable to record the motion […]
Arlo cameras are known for offering wonderful security features to their users. One such feature is Night Vision which lets […]
If you need any further assistance on how to update the Arlo camera firmware or how to choose the best location for placing the Arlo camera, then you can get in touch with our team for the same. No matter what time you are trying to contact them, you are going to get the best possible Arlo camera support from the team.